Individual courses vs course with sections

Individual courses vs course with sections

by Teresa Fryer -
Number of replies: 3

We have set up programmes/courses where each topic/section is listed as a module.

We need to provide evidence that learners have enrolled into each module which is why I think we now need to create the modules as stand alone courses.

If we do this, is there that Moodle can collate the results from each of the courses and present in one place eg. results of each module/course in one final report?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Teresa Fryer

Re: Individual courses vs course with sections

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello there. I will just move your post to the General help forum where you might get some better admin ideas. Also I am wondering if the Subcourse plugin (link) might help you here?

In reply to Teresa Fryer

Re: Individual courses vs course with sections

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Irrespective of how you set your courses up, one course with 20 modules or 20 courses with 1 module each,  the evidence they have enrolled is there is the Participant's page. Surely the question is successful completion? 

As a general design rule, I would encourage anyone taking a single unit, say Algebra in the Maths Reasoning theme in the Mathematics discipline, (or however it is set up for you), and breaking it into sections, or individual topics. Addition, subtraction, like terms, unlike terms, multiplication and division, Algebraic fractions and so on. All this in one course, with units covering each section and nothing non-algebra related. Anything else goes into another course.