Deactivate ldap: no web access, full shell and DB access

Deactivate ldap: no web access, full shell and DB access

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi all

This is about an "archive" server. The data has been moved to a new server, this one was idling for "just in case". It was configured for LDAP authentication and enrollment. I should have deactivated the LDAP. Over the years a newer php_ldap module has broken the Moodle-LDAP communication and now it throws "Fatal error: Call to undefined function ldap_connect() in /var/www/html/moodle/lib/ldaplib.php on line 183" even if the (manual) admin tries to login.

The question is, what is the proper way to deactivate LDAP? I have full shell and database access. The old trick of deleting the line (3,'auth','ldap') in mdl_config didn't make a difference. Still the same error.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

Re: Deactivate ldap: no web access, full shell and DB access

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

It's cached. Try clearing the cache or hard code in config.php:

$CFG->auth = 'manual';

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dan Marsden

Re: Deactivate ldap: no web access, full shell and DB access [RESOLVED]

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Dan,

Clearing the cache, ./admin/cli/purge_caches.php, didn't help. Neither the $CFG->auth = 'manual'; trick. Although the $CFG was set this way, the execution diverted to ./lib/ldaplib.php whatever I did elsewhere in the source. I read something about a broken php5X-ldap module in the Debian repos and purged all php-ldaps and reinstalled php5.6-ldap. The problem solved!

I think there was a mess up in the php-ldap modules, there were more than one(!), the one which was active didn't like the syntax of the ldap_connect command in this Moodle. I should have mentioned the version, it is 2.7.20.

Anyway, the problem solved. Thanks to your initial hint!