SCORM content won't download to Moodle app

SCORM content won't download to Moodle app

by Jan Waginski -
Number of replies: 5

I'm using an app called EasyGenerator to create SCORM content. It works fine in Moodle but doesn't open at all in the Moodle app. The EasyGenerator people told me the following and I'm wondering if anyone might better know what's going on:

We have researched the moodle app, but we are not able to solve it.  Their documentation says that if it works in Chrome, it will work in the moodle app, but it doesn’t.

We also contacted Moodle support, but they replied that they couldn’t help and all info is on the help site. We also found that another platform that we are talking with, (H5P.com) have the same issues with the moodle app. So we are in doubt if it is an Easygenerator thing.

In short, we are not finding the reason why it will not run. Therefore we can’t fix it.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jan Waginski

Re: SCORM content won't download to Moodle app

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Jan,

Hopefully the documentation Moodle app SCORM player can help you, though I'm also going to move your post to the Moodle for mobile forum in case you have any further questions.

In reply to Jan Waginski

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Jan,

can you send us the SCORM package to mobile@moodle.com so we can take a look? Please reference this post in the mail smile

Kind regards,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Jan Waginski -

Just sent it twice - Google didn't like the first attempt with the attachment. The second one has a OneDrive link instead. Thank you.

In reply to Jan Waginski

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Thank you Jan,

we've received it fine.

First of all, I've been asking around and we didn't receive any email from EasyGenerator, so I'm not sure to which address did they send the email :/

I've been testing the SCORM and I found several issues:

1. The SCORM loads some external resources from http://fonts.googleapis.com and https://cdn.ravenjs.com. For security reasons, the app has a strict Content Security Policy that blocks these requests. Adding a exception to handle these resources (and some more) can cause security issues in the app. Also, even if we added an exception the SCORM wouldn't work in offline. This can be easily solved by EasyGenerator: they should include those resources in the SCORM itself instead of requesting them from an external source.

2. In Android there's an error loading the colors.css file (it's a LESS file even if it's called css). This seems to be working fine in browser and in iOS, I'm not sure why it fails in the Android app, but we can't debug it more because the less.min.js file is minified. Here's the error:

'file:///.../css/colors.css?v=1538574420743' wasn't found (0)
        @   less.min.js?v=1538574420743:13

3. Both the Android and iOS app are displaying this error in console:

TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'd.manifest.defaultTemplateSettings.languages')
        vendor.min.js:14:1524

This seems to be an internal error in the SCORM.

Please send this info to EasyGenerator so they can take a look. If they want to contact us they should use the mail mobile@moodle.com.

Kind regards,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Jan Waginski -

Thank you so much for the analysis! I've sent it to them.