The links from one room to another – even if in stealth mode – are working great within the moodle app. This problem was amazingly resolved in Aug 18. (Moodle Tracker Mobile-2502 <https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MOBILE-2502>)
Unfortunately, it is not possible for students in a child course to acces any linked activity when installed via stealth mode in a meta course. We observe this in our system (3.4.2+; Build: 20180322). Also tested moodlecloud.com.
In a meta course
1) create an activity or resource in a section/topic
2) hide the section/topic
3) make the activity or resource created in 1) available to students
4) create a link to the activity in a visible area of the course page of a child course
- moodle-App 3.5.2 on iPhone 6S (iOS 11.4.1.)
- moodle-App 3.5.2 on iPhone 7S (iOS 12)
- moodle desktop 3.5.2
- iPad Air iOS12
we fixed a couple of things related to MOBILE-2502, but the "Error getting activity data" error isn't fixed yet. It requires some changes in a WebService, please see this issue:
Once MDL-63542 is integrated we'll be able to start working on this in the Mobile app. Please notice that you'll have to update your Moodle site to fix this (Moodle 3.6, 3.5.3 or 3.4.6).