Searching Course Recommendation and Comments

Searching Course Recommendation and Comments

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators

I'm looking for a plugin that students can grade the course when they finished it and leave a short comment that can be published in the course catalogue. Has anybody created such a feature?

Ralf

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

Re: Searching Course Recommendation and Comments

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Ralf,

I think most people use the Feedback or Questionnaire plugins for "grading" a course.

You could also use a forum, journal, database, or Hot Question setup to ask students to make comments/recommendations for a course. Hot Question will let students add votes to other student comments and since the teacher can start a new round at anytime, it could be used for daily/weekly/monthly comments.

In reply to AL Rachels

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators

Hi Al,

yes, I can collect such data with these plugins. But it will be complex to select them for automatical integration in course catalogue.

Ralf

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Ralf,

Hmm, I wonder if you could set something up with one of those activities and an RSS feed from it to your catalog?

Another possibility would be to develop a bundle that could do what you want with the Generico filter.

In reply to AL Rachels

by Ralf Hilgenstock -

Hi Al,

my idea is a block or activtity with two areas:
- grade  (mark 1-5 stars)
- comment (simple text field)

This element is connected to the course ID.

In course catalogue I need two new fields:

- average of course grades
- comments about this course.

The average of course grades may be configurable:

- average of all course grades
- average of all grades from last two,six,twelve months
- average of grades from latest 10, 50, 100 students.

The comments shown in course catalogue also may be configurable:

- comments  marked by an manager/admin for publishing
- latest 3,5,10 comments
- comments only from user who marked the course with three or more stars. smile)

Ralf

by AL Rachels -

Hi Ralf,

I begin to think you will need to develop a block of your own design to have all those data aspects. There is one other possibility you might try and that is to see if you can get all the data you want with a Generico filter. IF you can get a Generico filter to pull all the data together, you can put it nearly anywhere you can use one of the Moodle editors.