Looking for activity plugin that give learner two choices and provides a separate answer slide.

Looking for activity plugin that give learner two choices and provides a separate answer slide.

by Cari Jansen -
Number of replies: 1

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a flip card/dialog card type plug-in that is 'slide' based (similar to the Dialog Cards H5P has) for use in a self-reflection activity where the flip version of the card has the ability to show a new slide containing a different image + some text.

To explain the activity:

• The learner looks at a card with an Image and text. (e.g. a picture of a cow, with the name of the animal in text)
  • Determines if something is True or False (e.g. Herbivore or Carnivore).
  • [in self reflect solution] they would click on a 'Show' button, which then flips the card, and shows a different image (for example a cow eating grass), and answer text.

I've looked at using True/False questions within H5P, but the problem is that, you can't generate a new slide / page with the answer information, nor insert an answer image. 

My workaround for now is:
To use a multiple choice question within H5P presentation, and just give the learn the correct/incorrect answer feedback on that slide as per usual, then insert a second slide AFTER the question that shows the Answer feedback in form of new Image + text. 

I've searched around a bit to see if there's an activity plug-in that would work, but not found one, so hoping one of you has already discovered a plug-in that meets these requirements.  It does NOT need to be graded.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Cari Jansen

Re: Looking for activity plugin that give learner two choices and provides a separate answer slide.

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I'm not sure if this is quite what you are looking for, but the built-in Lesson activity allows for branching paths, based on choosing different options.

However, what you are describing sounds a bit more linear than that - user shown an image, thinks about it, then flips it to see another image? Maybe the Flashcard plugin would do what you want?