General developer forum

Manual change in moodle database

Picture of Raahini Sarvananthan
Manual change in moodle database

We have developped a moodle site for our institution. Students has the facility for email-based self-registration. There is an error in receiving confirmation mail when a student register with our site. The screenshot of the error message displayed while a test registration is performed is attached in the name 'email_confirmation_error.png'.

I have configured the SMTP authentication too. 

When i have done a sample email test, it also showed an error message. The attachment is in the name 'email_test_error.png'.

I have checked the Site administration -> Reports -> Logs for site errors, the screenshot of the logs displayed is attached in the name 'error_logs.png'.

I checked a website which mentioned to configure moodle database manually. I want to know is this the right solution for it and if it is so, how can i do that?

I want to find a solution to this problem.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Visvanath Ratnaweera
Re: Manual change in moodle database
Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hi

You are trying to send the Moodle mails through gmail.com. Although this could be done, it has lot of restrictions and not sirious for a big operation like yours. You should send mail through your own SMTP server! Talk to the administration.

Picture of Raahini Sarvananthan

Hi

Can you briefly explain on how to send through the SMTP server?

Picture of Visvanath Ratnaweera
Particularly helpful Moodlers
The Moodle Docs should have this. I went through some pages and found that the information is distributed all over. Here is one place: https://docs.moodle.org/en/Installing_Moodle#Final_configuration

There is even a Gmail page: https://docs.moodle.org/en/Email_setup_gmail, if you still want to follow that.