What do these stats mean in footer

Re: What do these stats mean in footer

by AL Rachels -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Jerry,

Not an expert but have made the following observations over the years. The data shows that the page you got this picture from was generated VERY fast at 0.0644444 seconds. (Anything under a half second is just an eye blink away.) That's because it got most of the needed info for the page came from your cache. The numbers at the bottom show an aggregate of 788 items from cache, 64 had to be retrieved from the db and 3 caused new items to be added to the cache.

Each of the boxes above the Total: 788/64/3, show the individual breakdowns of those totals. If you watch them, you will see that they are color coded red, yellow and green, on two lines. The upper line was the "last time" results and the lower is the "current results" from the latest page load. Red indicates nothing retrieved from cache. Green indicates most, if not all, was retrieved from cache. Yellow indicates some came from cache, but more was missed and may have needed to be set.

The plain text above the boxes are usually self explanatory except for the Load average. That relates to how heavily "loaded" your CPU is. At 0.05 your CPU is very lightly loaded at the moment.

Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to AL Rachels

by Susan Mangan -

THAT was useful. I am so glad I stumbled upon this post as I have been struggling with trying to understand the cache ratios myself.

I have a couple of quick questions...

Are you referring to **static acceleration** when you say:

"The upper line was the "last time" results .."

Also, how can you have a value in the hits placeholder and be marked red if red indicates nothing has been retrieved from cache? For example, in core/databasemeta the values are 2/6/0 but are marked red.

Thanks!

In reply to Susan Mangan

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I have never understood the red/green colour-coding of the cache numbers. I would not worry just because one is shown in red.

In reply to Susan Mangan

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Susan,

Sorry, I was "relearning" while typing and sometimes, what's in the mind comes out the fingers wrong. Both lines are "current results" it's just one is static acceleration and the other is cachestore_file.

If you look "real" close at core/databasemeta it is NOT red, but is a muddy yellow, because it had more misses than it did hits. If the 2 had been 0, then it would have been red.