Scale returning - 1,2 when previously showed 1,2, upgrade 2.9 to 3.5

Scale returning - 1,2 when previously showed 1,2, upgrade 2.9 to 3.5

by Rebecca Ogrady-Marshall -
Number of replies: 2

Hi everyone,

I'm using scales and outcomes for grades, 

scale: 1,2 (Not Yet Satisfactory, Satisfactory)

outcome: 1,2 (NY, Competent)

It has been working well for 2 years.  Recently I upgraded from 2.9 to 3.5 and now the scale is returning - 1,2 (negative 1).  The settings are all the same site wide and course wide.

Negative 1 is showing when a student has submitted in a normal fashion and there haven't been any entries in the grading.  Previously it would show 1 for this outcome.

It is happening universally, not just course-wide.

This is affecting the gradebook and reporting.

Were there changes to scales between these versions?

Can anyone recommed anything further to check?

Any other solutions?

Thank you for your help

In reply to Rebecca Ogrady-Marshall

Re: Scale returning - 1,2 when previously showed 1,2, upgrade 2.9 to 3.5

Just to clarify, when a student submitted, before grading, it would come up on MYSQL reports but have an empty grade.

Since the upgrade, the 'empty grade' is now - 1.

This 'empty grade' also triggered a field in the grader report that indicated that there was a submission but not yet graded.  As it is now -1, this isn't showing in the grader report.

It's site wide, but I can't find where to get this to replicate what we had before the upgrade as all the settings are the same.  So, I'm likely not looking in the right place!

In reply to Rebecca Ogrady-Marshall

Re: Scale returning - 1,2 when previously showed 1,2, upgrade 2.9 to 3.5

Hi everyone,

I believe this problem is that the empty grade in Moodle is now showing "- 1", where previously it was showing as an empty grade.  So, on our reports when a student has submitted, instead of being empty it is - 1, and this affects any other fields that are looking for an empty grade.

This is from the upgrade from 2.9 to 3.5.

Does anyone have any advice on how this empty grade has been changed/affected in other ways in the different versions?

Thank you!