Moodle Analytics

Moodle Analytics

by Ahmed ElMassry -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

Recently we started to experiment Moodle analytics using version 3.5.2.

What we did is:

• Install a fresh Moodle 3.5.2
  • Backup 5 courses from the live Moodle LMS (Version 3.2) with all users’ data
  • Restore the 5 courses in the new LMS with the user’s data
  • Adjust the start and end dates to be archived
  • Create a new course and add random students who were enrolled in the previous 5 courses
  • Add some activities and resources
  • Add user activities in the running course

However, when I enabled the model of “students at risk of dropout”. It showed “No predictions available yet”.

I changed the settings to run the cron manually. When I run it, I received “Analysable MGMT-203-2154-201802 not used: 0: No valid samples available”. This message is appearing for the 5 courses. It seems that the training is not running as expected.

Screenshot attached.

Any advice on how to get the results from this module??

Thanks

Ahmed

Attachment Analytics 2.png
Attachment Analytics.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ahmed ElMassry

Re: Moodle Analytics

by Elizabeth Dalton -

Hello Ahmed,

To use Moodle Learning Analytics, you must first train the model on previous completed courses. This is how the model calculates the weights used to make predictions for future courses. We are hoping to collect more model data from multiple users so we can start shipping a pre-trained model.

I hope this helps,

Elizabeth

In reply to Elizabeth Dalton

by Ahmed ElMassry -

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for your reply.

As I mentioned, I have added 5 completed courses to be used in training the system, these 5 courses are rich with logs. I have put start date and end date for all courses. The activity logs are happening in between the start and end dates.

However, The system is showing "There are no valid samples" for some reason.

My question is, how to get the system to use these course in training and start giving prediction.

Also, do you have any site where I can test the Analytics module.

Thank you in advance.

Ahmed

In reply to Ahmed ElMassry

by Elizabeth Dalton -

Hi Ahmed,

Sorry for the delay in responding. That's strange. I am currently working on setting up a sample course with user data that people will be able to load onto a local site to train and test models. I hope to have that available by next week. I'll look through your post again and see if I can come up with any other suggestions, as well.

Regards,

Elizabeth