Problems with dates translations

Re: Problems with dates translations

by Sergio Comerón -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

in theory the configuration of the server is ok ... anyway if it was the server it would always go wrong or good, not like now that it goes out sometimes well and sometimes badly. do not?

it does not seem like a problem with Moodle because everything is going well in my local testing environments  ... it's crazy hehe mixed

In reply to Sergio Comerón

by Jeremy Luedtke -

Hello all,

We are also having the same situation with the week names in courses not being translated. We are running M3.5+ and Essential 3.5.1.1 (Build: 2018051902). I have noticed this for a while now. Our site default language is Italian but the weeks names are always in English and I cannot find any string in the language pack that can change this or any other setting...

I am taking a look at the language customization FAQ but to me this seems more of a internal situation than something 'customizable'.

Anyone else having this kind of situation or any ideas how to set right?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

In reply to Jeremy Luedtke

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I cannot find any string in the language pack that can change this or any other setting

As the FAQ states, this has nothing to do with a Moodle string or setting. You have to contact the administrator of the server where Moodle is hosted on, and ask for the Italian locale be installed on the server. For example, if the server is running the Ubuntu Linux operating system, the admin (root) of the system may want to run something like

# apt-get install language-pack-it

The list of installed locales, run

# locale -a

Other operating systems may have their own way.

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to David Mudrák

by Phuong Hoang -

In my case, I edited langconfig.php to display dates in my language

In reply to Phuong Hoang

by Jeremy Luedtke -

Just to clarify:

Our site is EN/IT, just that the default is IT. So we need the dates showing up also in EN (only in the correct courses!!).

And, by the way, I've noticed that the certificate plug-in prints in EN as well even if the course is in IT.

In reply to Jeremy Luedtke

by Jeremy Luedtke -
We have resolved the situation in this way:

amministratore@ip-xx-x-x-xx:~$ locale -a
C
C.UTF-8
en_US.utf8
it_CH.utf8
it_IT.utf8
POSIX

I also realized that the certificate print date was due to the setting "User's Language Date Format"  blush

But now we have our week names in the chosen language!

Thank you for your assistance!
Average of ratings: Useful (1)