Booking Manager Email

Booking Manager Email

by Chase Makarewicz -
Number of replies: 3

Moodle Version 3.4.2+

Hello, i have recently been assigned to our moodle training portal to make minor changes.

In our classes section under courses, I will turn on editing and edit one of the classes in the course page.

Under the Confirmation e-mail settings there is a field labeled as "Username of the booking manager." In the past i have been told we have had it set up where when a user signs up for a class more than one booking manager would get emailed about this notification. Now when i try to add in multiple names i get the following error:

"The username entered is not valid. Either it does not exist or there are more then one users with this username (example: if you have mnet and local authentication enabled)" Attached is a screen shot of this.
-I have confirmed that the usernames are spelled correctly

I am unsure if i am using an incorrect means of sepparating the usernames but so far i have tried the following to separate the booking manager usernames for this email setting: Paranthesis, commas, periods, dashes, slash, backslash, and a few others. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great!

Thank you,
Chase Makarewicz

Attachment booking.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chase Makarewicz

Re: Booking Manager Email

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I did a search of Moodle and could not find any occurrence of the string 'Username of the booking manager'. Have you modified language strings or is this generated by an optional plugin?

Can you give us a bit more context? How do you get to this setting?

EDIT:

A bit more digging. It must be this... https://moodle.org/plugins/mod_booking.

I'd never heard of it before but the docs are here, Booking_module

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

by Chase Makarewicz -

Okay so bear with me im far from a professional in this moodle software,
Once i login it brings me to the course overview screen.
-This is where it displays my courses.

After that i select the course i want to edit and it brings me to that course's overview. On this page this is where it displays the classes we can have our users sign up and take our election classes.

After this they can scroll down and see the "Register for in class training" under this it displays the classes each user could take depending on the role we assign them. When i turn editing on on this page it lets me edit the classes. I have access to server side but i know very little about it.

This is where i would select edit and select the edit settings button.

The next page displays the Booking name, Event type, booking text, Duration etc (image will be attached) When i scroll down that is where i see the confirmation e-mail settings. This is where it displays the Username of the booking manager. If anything this maybe generated by an optional plugin but i am unsure of how i would check that.

The username of the booking manager is used when a user signs up for one of those classes and the "booking manager" gets sent a confirmation email once the user signs up. i would like to make this where it could be sent to more than one user

EDIT-
I have contacted the maintainer of the booking plugin hopefully he gets back to me. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

In reply to Chase Makarewicz

by David Bogner -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,

the original booking module only supports a single booking manager. Also the assignment of the booking manager may be subject to change in the future. There are plans for making this a autocomplete field. If you want to have multiple booking managers assigned, you can always code that yourself or hire somebody who does it for you (example: me wink).

I am sorry that I can not help more at the moment.

Kind regards,

David