Moodle Cloud_and Moodle on mobile

Moodle Cloud_and Moodle on mobile

by Kim Watts -
Number of replies: 4

Hi 

I'm hoping someone may be able to offer me some advice as I'm very new to Moodle.

I have created a simple module in Adobe Captivate which consists of a video and one simple interaction.  I've exported as a SCORM package and uploaded to Moodle Cloud on which the content plays perfectly well.  However when I try to play the same content on my iPhone 7 with the Moodle app the content ends after playing only a third of the way through...

I've absolutely no idea why - the problem only occurs when played through the app on my phone...

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Kim 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kim Watts

Re: Moodle Cloud_and Moodle on mobile

by Mathieu Petit-Clair -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Kim, 

This sounds more like a mobile problem than a MoodleCloud issue, as I have not heard of this issue before ... and since you mention that it works fine from a computer.

I'll see if someone from the mobile team has some insights into this, but otherwise I suggest you ask in the mobile app forum.

Mathieu

In reply to Mathieu Petit-Clair

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello there. I'll just move your post to the mobile forum...

In reply to Kim Watts

by Mathieu Petit-Clair -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Kim,

I'm going to risk a wild suggestion here - Are you sure the video delivered from your captivate project is compatible with mobile platforms? Seems like it could be an encoding/codec issue.

Mathieu
In reply to Kim Watts

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Kim,

can you please check if the video plays fine in a web browser in the same device where it's failing in the app?

Cheers,

Dani