file picker and Course content Errors after upgrading from Moodle 3.1 to 3.4

file picker and Course content Errors after upgrading from Moodle 3.1 to 3.4

by Ammar Rana -
Number of replies: 0

Hi All, 

I have upgraded our Moodle instance from 3.1.4 to 3.4. However, after updates I am facing following issues. The server is aws Ubuntu 16.04 box, running PHP 7.1, apache2.4.

1- Trainers are unable to see PDF and PPT files on courses and their sub sections (sorry for blurred content)

PDF and PPT are not showing.

2- File upload is not working, neither for students on assignment submission and teacher to add a new file to the course. Getting error of repository permission

error on file upload

While upgrading, I did follow the following process after successfully running the complete cycle on my local and staging server.  

1- Took a git clone of 3.4, then moved config.php, theme and missing plugins in mod and some other folder. 
2- Followed the whole upgrade process and add any missing plugin from moodle 3.1 which was showing  missing in plugin overview before upgrade

The upgrade process ran smoothly, however these error started to come after a while. 

To fix and debug them, I have done following 

1-opened development debugging

2- purged local cache

3- Deleted muc, localcache and cache in Moodledata folder

4- Checked network errors on firefox and chrome

5- Put debug points in course -> lib -> view and some other php files, however there is no concrete error message coming

6-Reset user permissions

7- Turn on and off repositories e.g. file upload, private file etc.

I would like to ask you guys for help, if any one has faced the same issue/s and solved it. It would be great, if someone could guide me about the right steps in fixing this issue. 

Thanks,

Average of ratings: -