Quiz

How to Hide correct answers in Quiz Reports

Picture of Zackary Bennett
How to Hide correct answers in Quiz Reports

Currently using Moodle 3.5

My customer has expressed the need to be able to hide correctly answered quiz questions inside all quiz reports. There have been test compromises from teachers sharing answers with students. The material is sensitive, so the less that gets posted online the better.

I've looked through the plug-ins, but nothing at first glance meets what I'm looking for. I've considered removing access to all quiz reports, but I'm concerned that would prevent the teachers from reviewing missed questions with their students (part of procedure).

If there is a plug-in or setting I've missed that could get a functionally similar result, I'm interested in hearing about it.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Rick Jerz
Re: How to Hide correct answers in Quiz Reports
Particularly helpful Moodlers

Below are my Quiz Review Options.  I am not sure if this is what you mean, but these settings are set when you create a quiz.  In my Moodle, I built these settings into my entire Moodle, system settings.

I don't think a plugin is needed.

Average of ratings: Useful (3)

Thank you for your response, but that isn't what I had in mind. With those settings, students would still be able to share their correct answers via screenshot. 

I was hoping that I could hide the correctly answered questions during the review process to prevent that.

John Provasnik at Moodle Moot US

With the settings shown above, the students would not be able to share the correct answers if you uncheck the “whether correct” option. Then they’ll only see what they’ve chosen as answers and no indication if it was correct or not.

The settings shown above give you powerful control over what students can see at different times. 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

But, that doesn't stop ex-teachers from sharing that information. One of the organizations requirements is that teachers be able to see quiz reports so that they can review quiz results with their students. In the organization I work for, Teachers are commonly recruited from the student body once they've completed their courses at a schoolhouse. Our schoolhouses aren't good at reporting when a teacher no longer needs a teacher role, and our students often move from one schoolhouse to another in order to learn new disciplines.

I agree, our processes for relieving teachers of their teacher roles is the root cause, but if there is a plug-in that can change what gets shown in the quiz reports, then those shortcomings don't matter.

Picture of Rick Jerz

Anything a computer screen shows can be captured.  There is no way to prevent screenshots.  (Students have cameras, called "smartphones" nowadays.)

Average of ratings: Useful (1)