Looking for highlight text plugin on Moodle

Looking for highlight text plugin on Moodle

by Ha Lee -
Number of replies: 5

Hi everyone, I am looking for a plugin that allows users to highlight texts on Moodle, something like below.

For example, when students do comprehension questions, if they have tools that allow them to highlight the keywords or important sentences, it would be much easier to complete their tasks.

I want to add plugin right into Moodle, as not everyone would know how to install the text-highlighting extension from Internet browser (Chrome, Firefox, Opera...).

Thank you very much in advance for your recommendations.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ha Lee

Re: Looking for highlight text plugin on Moodle

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

If you are using ATTO, it already provides a "backcolor" tool.  But you need to enable it.

If you want more colors, there is a plugin that allows additional highlighting.

https://moodle.org/plugins/atto_morebackcolors

Attachment enable backcolor in ATTO.jpg
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Ha Lee -

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. However the tool you suggest are for teachers and admin when making questions. I want a tool that allows students to be able to highlight keywords and sentences when they are doing their works.

Cheers,

In reply to Ha Lee

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Not so, these are ATTO features, and they are available to students and teachers (whenever ATTO is used.)  Of course, for this to work, your moodle would need to have ATTO.  Many moodle installation do use ATTO, but there are other editors that a Moodle could use, such as TinyMCE.

In reply to Ha Lee

by Jaifar Al Shizawi -

I am searching for the same plugin as well, I really appreciate if someone can help us even by writing JavaScript or css that allow student while they are reading the paragraph, they allowed to highlights some texts/sentences so they can get back to them immediately after finish reading. 

no need to save the highlighted texts/sentences in database, I mean after the students leaves the page, all highlights are discarded.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)