Disable return to section button

Disable return to section button

by Jayne Bachelor -
Number of replies: 7

Hi,

I am using a clients Moodle V3.1 and have linked a orphaned Hp5 resource within a Lesson. Everything works well until the resource opens and there is a button prompting them to Return to: Section 4.  Section 4 is hidden from student so when the button is clicked the student is returned to the front course page. 

SO.. three questions. 

Firstly is there a way to disable the Return to Section 4 button?

Or can the button be updated to return to another page?

Lastly is it possible to embed the activity as part of the Lesson?

Thanks in advance.

Jayne.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jayne Bachelor

Re: Disable return to section button

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi Jayne,

You may want to consider updating your H5P activity module to the latest version (v1.10), so you can properly embed your H5P content items wherever you want them. 

This should save you the trouble of having to deal with the Button issue you're describing.

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Joost Elshoff

by Jayne Bachelor -

Thank you Joost I will suggest that to my client. It would be great if they would update to 3.3 so I could add them as Stealth Activities.

In reply to Joost Elshoff

by Jayne Bachelor -

Hi Joost,

I just thought i'd let you know that this worked well. Initially I couldn't see the embed code as I had the 'Display action bar and frame' box unchecked.

Thanks for your help.

Jayne.

In reply to Jayne Bachelor

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

That button looks familiar!  You're running the Essential theme?  Correct?  If so then I wrote a setting 'returntosectionfeature' in the 'Features' part of the theme settings where you can turn it off with one click and a save.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Jayne Bachelor -

Thanks Gareth,

I'll advise the owners of the site.

Kind regards,

Jayne.