How to enrol children and help them complete activities

How to enrol children and help them complete activities

by Bodapati Sridhar -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

For a Moodle course for children, I have the following questions:

-Who should create their account , the parent or the teacher ?

- How can the teacher view and help the student complete the activities. If the parent has created the student's account would the parent have to share the login credentials ? Is there a better way?

-Is it necessary for the parent to have a separate account ?  (Teacher would have a separate account and role)

These questions need to be answered because the children can't login themselves and even for completing the assignment they would need the teacher and/or parent to help them.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bodapati Sridhar

Re: How to enrol children and help them complete activities

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Why can't the children login themselves?  Are they of the prereading age?

1.  It does not really matter who creates the account.  The teacher might be better as they could standardize usernames which is a good thing when they are forgotten...

2.  It will probably be simpler for parents to just use the childs account but there is a way to create parent logins.  Google that or search the docs.

3.  The teacher is a different role altogether as they need to see all the childrens work.

In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: How to enrol children and help them complete activities

by Bodapati Sridhar -

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the children are of pre-reading age.

The teacher can create the account for the child, but when the child is at school how does the teacher help the child ? I suppose the teacher will help the child login and then help complete the activities.

When the child goes home, how does the parent help the child?

Option a) Parent has the credentials of the child as the teacher provides it to the parent.

b) Parent has a separate account with oversight rights to the child. I am not sure whether this will allow the parent to help the child complete activities

A bit confused about all this. Your suggestions/ideas would help. I think people should not be sharing credentials. If parent creates credentials then advantage is that even if the teacher or school is changed they can still access the child's work and allow other teachers to help the child.