Use question's default mark in a random question (3.1.13)

Use question's default mark in a random question (3.1.13)

by Jan Montano -
Number of replies: 2

Good day!

For testing purposes, I created a question bank with 4 multiple choice questions.

Default mark of the questions are 3, 6, 9 and 4 respectively.
The default mark of each questions depends on the type of question and the difficulty of each question.

I have a quiz with 3 random questions and these random questions are taken from that question bank.

When I add a random question, it requires me to add a maximum mark which I don't want to do.
I actually just want it to get whatever the default mark of that random question is.

It also doesn't make sense to add a maximum mark for a random question because at this point I don't know what that random question is nor what the default mark of that question is.

I tried to leave the maximum mark of each question, hoping that it will use the default one if I don't but it won't let me

I was hoping someone can help me with this enquiry.

Attachment Quiz_DefaultMark.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jan Montano

Re: Use question's default mark in a random question (3.1.13)

by Jan Montano -

Hi, it's me again.

Just wanted to follow up if someone knows how I can set the grade for a random question to be whatever's the default mark of the actual question that will be used.

In reply to Jan Montano

Re: Use question's default mark in a random question (3.1.13)

by Germán Valero -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

"Moodle always adds random questions as worth 1 mark, and the only option is for you to then edit the score. Sorry."

See the documentation page and follow the link.