Unable to add SCORM activities on 3.5

Unable to add SCORM activities on 3.5

by Bob Derezinski -
Number of replies: 10

We recently loaded 3.5 and we are no longer able to add SCORM activities.

When saving I receive the following errors:

This happens if I edit a scorm package as well and try and enter in a new url.

Any suggestions?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bob Derezinski

Re: Unable to add SCORM activities on 3.5

by Bob Derezinski -

Looks like I forgot the error messages.  Attached is what I am not getting when I try and add a SCORM activity or change the url of a previously existing SCORM activity

Exception - Argument 1 passed to file_get_all_files_in_draftarea() must be of the type integer, null given, called in [dirroot]/lib/form/filemanager.php on line 336

More information about this error

Debug info:
Error code: generalexceptionmessage
Stack trace:
  • line 767 of /lib/filelib.php: TypeError thrown
  • line 336 of /lib/form/filemanager.php: call to file_get_all_files_in_draftarea()
  • line 580 of /lib/formslib.php: call to MoodleQuickForm_filemanager->validateSubmitValue()
  • line 526 of /lib/formslib.php: call to moodleform->validate_defined_fields()
  • line 636 of /lib/formslib.php: call to moodleform->is_validated()
  • line 1096 of /course/moodleform_mod.php: call to moodleform->get_data()
  • line 150 of /course/modedit.php: call to moodleform_mod->get_data()

by Mathew Gancarz -
Picture of Core developers

Looks like you ran into an active bug possibly. Take a look at: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-63231

Does it happen only with SCORM activities? Does the teacher have moodle/course:changesummary capability? Your site might have disabled it and it will give that error. See Paul Martin's post here: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=374099#p1510686

In reply to Mathew Gancarz

by Bob Derezinski -

We are aware of this bug and ran into an issue this bug causes with needing to change settings in an activity and being unable to do so. We are not sure if it is related to our problem of not being able to add a new SCORM activity or change the url within a previously created SCORM activity or that is a separate bug?

We can add the other activity types without error, it is just unique to the SCORM activity for us.

It is not a permissions issue as we use Moodle in a corporate setting and don't have Teachers per se, the staff that create and maintain our course materials are all Administrators in our db.

I did check the access to the coursesummary for that role and it is checked.

by Mathew Gancarz -
Picture of Core developers

Wish I could help more but I'm not sure. Though, I would say that changing a previously created SCORM activity does count as changing settings in an activity though, which would trigger the bug and the SCORM activity does always deal with the moodle file system I think in ways that other activities don't.

In reply to Mathew Gancarz

by shaikh mujahid -

course categories > list of courses  >  Courses weeks  >  list of weeks  >  Enter button for week activity >  Scorm started 

sir i need to romove some sub branch where 5th place in above exp 

how i remove the mode page i dont want this page i need to make it like following

course categories > list of courses  >  Courses weeks  >  list of weeks  >  Scorm started 

by Paul Steven -

@Bob Derezinski - did you solve this isssue? I am experiencing the same issue with a fresh installation of 3.5.2 and hoping you solved it. Like you I am experiencing the issue as an Administrator

In reply to Paul Steven

by Bob Derezinski -

We are planning on loading that fix in the next day or two.  We will load it on our test Moodle tomorrow and am hoping that it fixes the problem so that I can get it loaded on our live Moodle environment by Wednesday.  I'll keep you posted.

by Paul Steven -

Thanks Bob

I installed the latest 3.5.2 and that resolved the issue for me but I have discovered another issue related to suspend data for AICC which I will create a separate post about.

I hope it resolves it for you too.

Paul

In reply to Paul Steven

by Bob Derezinski -

We loaded the fix yesterday and we are now able to add SCORM activities as well as edit settings on other activity types as well.

by Dan Nuttall -

I am experiencing this error on 3.5.2 when saving an External AICC URL. I also experience it on MoodleCloud which runs 3.6. Saving a SCORM Package works fine. Does the fix need to be applied for External AICC URLs as well?