Adaptable Theme (Moodle 3.5.1) User Name in Site Title area

Adaptable Theme (Moodle 3.5.1) User Name in Site Title area

by Tim Gildersleeve -
Number of replies: 6

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can shed some light.  I have noticed that when going to user profile areas the breadcrumbs disappear.  This means that there is no clear indication which user's profile is being looked at.   I am sure I have seen this before but it would be very useful if the user's name could appear in the Site/Course title space in the header.  I can't see any setting for this (but I believe I have seen this before some time ago).   Is this possible (and I have just missed the setting) or alternatively is there a way of turning the breadcrumbs back on, when in profile and associated pages?

I am sure I can find a way to put a fix myself bit it would be a bit of dirty coding and if there is a better way that would be great.

Thanks

Tim Gildersleeve

VLE Developer, Bradford College

(Edited by Mary Evans - amended Moodle version from 2.5.1 to 3.5.1 - original submission Tuesday, 11 September 2018, 4:30 PM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tim Gildersleeve

Re: Adaptable Theme (Moodle 3.5.1) User Name in Site Title area

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I'm sorry but this moodle version  and the Adaptable version for it are both deprecated. You must upgrade at least to moodle 3.0 and install latest Adaptable version 1.3.3.1

(Edited by Mary Evans - amended title from 2.5.1 to 3.5.1 - original submission Friday, 14 September 2018, 6:49 PM)

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Tim Gildersleeve -

Oops - silly me.... I meant 3.5.1 not 2.5.1!

The adaptable version we had (at the time) was the latest available for 3.5.1.  Currently we have 

1.7.1 - 2018073000

Sorry for the inaccurate information.

(Edited by Mary Evans - amended title accordingly - original submission Tuesday, 18 September 2018, 5:06 PM)

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Tim,

As you will see I have amended the title of this thread to reflect the correct Moodle version.

Cheers

Mary

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

That is a pretty vague statement.

The Breadcrumb works in all the themes I have used, it still works in other BootstrapBase themes why is Adaptable so different?

Come on Fernando, at least fix it for goodness sake!

Mary

by Manoj Solanki -

Hi Tim,

This has been fixed so breadcrumbs now appear.  An official version hasn't been released that includes this fix, but if you could take the latest version from the Bitbucket repository in this branch: https://bitbucket.org/covuni/moodle-theme_adaptable/branch/version-1.7.2-2018091900 and test this works, that would be great.  Obviously to put on a test system first, if you have one.

Thanks,

M