Teaching with Moodle

Moodle 3.5 - Stealth activities

Picture of Ahmed ElMassry
Moodle 3.5 - Stealth activities

Hello,

I am trying Moodle 3.5 in Moodleccloud.com. I have enabled Stealth activities. However, both hidden and stealth activities are not showing in student view. Screenshots are below.

Is this a normal behavior or I am missing something?

Thanks

Ahmed

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Stephan Rinke
Re: Moodle 3.5 - Stealth activities

Hi Ahmed, this is exactly what stealth mode has been designed for. You can only access the resource in stealth mode via the URL. Sometimes you may not want to clutter the course page too much, e. g. when you want to link to a document from a forum post or page to the resource. Stealth mode also allows using a more visual way of designing your course page by adding pictures and putting a link on them to a resource in stealth mode... So, it's perfectly normal Moodle behaviour... Best from Germany, Stephan

Average of ratings: Useful (2)

Thank you Stephan for your reply.

Below is my understanding and correct me if I am wrong:

I believe if I mark an active as hidden only. It should be visible in the course page, however, students can't access it (not clickable).

While stealth activity will be totally removed from the course page.

Best Regards,

Ahmed

Picture of Stephan Rinke

Hi Ahmed,

well actually it's like this:

visible: students can see it and click on it.

hidden: students cannot see it or access it. If you provide a link to a hidden resource, students will see an error message telling them that the resource is not available to them. Trainers see the resource greyed out to show it's hidden to students.

stealth: resource is not visible to students but trainers can provide a link to the resource and when students click on the link the resource will be displayed.

I hope this helps,

Stephan

Average of ratings: Useful (4)

Thank you Stephan for the clarification. I got it now Yes