FIle upload box not showing for assignments

FIle upload box not showing for assignments

by Ryan Gauer -
Number of replies: 5

Greetings,

Moodle noobie here.  We are getting reports from our students that they are unable to submit assignments.  When I log in as a student, and click on the assignment and select "add Submission", all I get are the "Save changes" and "Cancel" buttons (see screenshot).  The actual object to drag the files onto or to bring up the file picker doesn't show.

When I log in as the administrator and go to edit the course, the file upload box shows as expected.

I've tried changing the YUI settings as mentioned in other (older) posts, and I've tried different browsers.  I've verified that they have the correct permissions to submit assignments.

We're running Moodle 3.1.13 on IIS and MS SQL.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

Attachment Capture.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ryan Gauer

Re: FIle upload box not showing for assignments

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

For security reasons, if you are using the 'login as' feature in Moodle, then you cannot upload assignments on behalf of a student. The only way to submit an assignment is to login with the username + password of the student.

In reply to Davo Smith

by Ryan Gauer -

HI Davo,

I created a separate student account for testing purposes, and logged in as that.

In reply to Ryan Gauer

by Ryan Gauer -

Does anyone have any other ideas?  We still haven't been able to come up with a reason for this issue.

In reply to Ryan Gauer

by Lynn Wilhelm -

Are you sure your assignment settings are correct? 

submission types settings

File submissions must be checked to have the box show up.

In reply to Ryan Gauer

by Lynn Wilhelm -

Are you sure your assignment settings are correct? 

submission types settings

File submissions must be checked to have the box show up.