Moodle 3.5 User Enrollment

Moodle 3.5 User Enrollment

by Peter Koel -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

I have created a class in Moodle 3.5. How do I enroll all Moodle users (on this system) into this course? When I click the Enroll User button, I can only search for 1 user at a time.

Cheers,

Peter

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Koel

Re: Moodle 3.5 User Enrollment

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Well there are various ways. One way is to make them into a cohort and then enrol that cohort.
See the documentation: Cohorts

Another way is to add them to a spreadsheet or plain text file, saved as a .csv file  and upload them to the site and thus directly into the course. For instructions on how to do that, see the documentation: Upload users It doesn't matter that they are already in the site; this method works for users already on the site but not in  a course.

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Moodle 3.5 User Enrollment

by Leonard Cheeseborough -

Mary, Can you assist me as well?

I would like user to complete all activities in Course 1 in sequence order. Now user can have access to Course 2. Currently, user can jump around the course. In addition, the user can also jump around activities within a Course. User can also jump from Crusade 5 to 7 because no restriction is in place. How can I add restrictions?

courses Restrictions

http://prntscr.com/ksfe5t

Within the Courses Restrictions (must complete module in sequence)

http://prntscr.com/ksff43

In reply to Leonard Cheeseborough

Restricting course access

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello. I have changed the title of this post as it is not about user enrolment. I will split this from the previous discussion later on today.

Briefly, in order to restrict access within a course you need to explore Restrict access - that is a documentation link.

It is not possible to restrict access to actual courses but there are workarounds. For example you can put enrolment keys on all the courses except the first one, and then when the student ends the first course you provide the enrolment key to the second course - perhaps in the feedback of a quiz for example. See the documentation Restrict access FAQ

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Restricting course access

by Scott Hardwick -

Would love to see more discussion on this and the possibility of adding a course level "Restrict Access" set of rules.  

A specific use case would be....

We have one program where our SIS enrolls all the students into their classes every semester.  (Thereby knocking out the Enrollment key suggestion.)

However, the Program Director wants the students to complete a separate Orientation class before they utilize any of the activities in the actual classes.

Having a "Restrict Access based on Course Completion of the Orientation class" that we could add to each academic class this applied to would help immensely.  (And it is only for one division's classes, so something system wide wouldn't work.)

What they are doing currently is putting in a Questionnaire in each academic class asking them if they have taken the Orientation and agree to the honor code.  Then for every single activity in the class they are putting a restrict access on Activity Completion of that classes Questionnaire.

This obviously time consuming and would be much easier if we could do something at the course level.

Thanks for considering!

Scott