Customize Signup

Customize Signup

by Teresa Hahn -
Number of replies: 2

I am a newbie and using Moodle 3.4. I want to customize the Signup form to include a School field. However, I want the school field to be more like a table/datagrid that contains School Name, Street, City, State. I made a copy of the auth/email folder. I put a copy of signup_form.php in that folder and want to edit it. I am not sure how to start. I thought I could addElement to the $mForm. If anyone could point me in the right direction. I thought maybe I could create a table with selectable rows in the mForm but I don't understand how to tie my html code to the $mForm? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Or if a plugin that allows for a table or datagrid on the New account screen already exist.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Teresa Hahn

Re: Customize Signup

by Flotter Totte -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Teresa,

You do not need to change the source code to do that. In the site administration you can add custom profile fields and you can define that they should appear on the signup page.

Hope that helps

Flotter

In reply to Flotter Totte

by Teresa Hahn -

Thanks so much for responding. I want to add a custom profile field that would function like a Table with selectable rows (like this screenshot).  Is this possible?

pastedImage.png

From: Flotter Totte (via Moodle.org) <noreply@moodle.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 6, 2018 3:20 AM
To: Teresa Hahn
Subject: Moodle in English: Re: Customize Signup

Yes, that's me
by Flotter Totte - Thursday, September 6, 2018, 2:49 PM

Hello Teresa,

You do not need to change the source code to do that. In the site administration you can add custom profile fields and you can define that they should appear on the signup page.

Hope that helps

Flotter

You can reply to this via email.