General developer forum

Concurrent Logins

Picture of Thanmai Gurijala
Concurrent Logins

I am trying to avoid concurrent login using the concurrent login limit feature in authentication management. But it is not working.

Site administration > Plugins > Authentication > Manage authentication" and specify a value for "Limit concurrent logins " 

Are there any other adjustments need to be done in order to make it work?

Average of ratings: -
C'est moi :-)
Re: Concurrent Logins
Documentation writersParticularly helpful MoodlersTestersTranslators

Hi,

Which version? Which authentication method? What do you do exactly? Did you try on qa.moodle.net?

Séverin

Hi Séverin,

I am working on Moodle 3.5

I have added users. I donot want the more than one login session for a user at a time. Just like in whatsapp web. If we try to login from other's computer or other browser, it will ask to logout from the older session. At a time, only one login should be possible.

There is a feature in Site Admisitration -> Plugins -> Authentication ->Manage Authentication --> Limit Concurrent logins. I have set this to 1 but it is still not working.

C'est moi :-)
Documentation writersParticularly helpful MoodlersTestersTranslators

Hi,

You didn't answer my question : which authentication methods do you use?

Because it's clearly specified that this feature doesn't work with SSO's authentication methods!

Séverin

PS : if you don't provide useful and clear information about your config and processes, we can't help you...

I are not using any of the SSO authentication methods. I am using the "Manual Accounts" option as of now and trying to set the concurrent login limit.