Invalid response value detected

Invalid response value detected

by Eric Kuncoro -
Number of replies: 9

Hi Juan/Dani,

Wondering if you can help with mobile app problem, details below.

The error appears when the mobile app tries to load course overview.

Tested on android app 3.5.1

Thanks.

Error: Invalid response value detected

credentials emailed to 'mobile@moodle.com' 

- Made sure it’s not self signed ssl

- User quota has a value (default to 104857600)

- language set to 'do not force'

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eric Kuncoro

Re: Invalid response value detected

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

For the record, this was answered by mail.

Some courses names contained HTML different than multi-lang, something that shouldn't happen. This could be caused when upgrading from an old Moodle version, or maybe due to some customizations in the site.

To fix this you should:

- Remove the patch that added those html attributes

or Inspect the course table in your DB and remove the html tags from the course full and short name field

In reply to Dani Palou

by Admin DBG Wiehl -

Hi Dani,

thank You 4 the suggestions.

Unfortunately I do not have any html tags in course names, so this should not be the reason for the malefunctioning of the app.

Fun fact: May app shows the error described above, other stdents and teacher do not have the problems I encounter when trying to access my courses via (android) app.

In reply to Admin DBG Wiehl

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,

please follow this guide to find the exact error message:

https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Moodle_Mobile_debugging_WS_requests

Kind regards,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Admin DBG Wiehl -

Hi Dani,

thank you 4 the reply.

I figured that brackets in the course name caused the problem (Strange, but well). After removing them everything works find.

cheers

by Barbara Lawrence -

I am also getting this error.  We don't have html tags in the course names, but a lot of them have brackets and it's not feasible to remove them all.  Is this what would be causing the problem?

by Dani Palou -

Hi,

I just did one test and it's working fine for me using brackets. Maybe you had some invalid character along with the brackets? Sometimes copying text from one place to another can cause problems with encoding and so.

Cheers,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Admin DBG Wiehl -

I am with you regarding the brackets. It makes no real sense brackets are the symbols causing the problem.
The thing is, I uploaded all courses with an csv file, encoded in utf-8 - so I did not expect any problems doing so. Apparently there were. I will watch this behaviour in the future and mybe I will find the real reason smile

Thank ou for the help smile