OneDrive Access Controlled Links Error

OneDrive Access Controlled Links Error

by Gil Brandt -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I am the admin of a moodlecloud site. We are using "Access Controlled Links" for some file submissions using Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive.

The ACLs work when submitted through Google, but not through OneDrive. The error message that users see is:

"Exception - notAllowed: The feature has been disabled. Please contact your admin to get it enabled."

From what I can tell the settings are almost identical for Google and Microsoft OAuth2 on my moodlecloud. 

The main difference is that discovery is not turned n for Microsoft in the OAuth2 Services. I don't know how to do this or if it is causing the issue. 

Supported files is on: Internal and External

Default return type is on: External Only

Any would help would be massively appreciated.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gil Brandt

Re: OneDrive Access Controlled Links Error

by Mathieu Petit-Clair -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Gil & Richard,

I believe this error is caused by a configuration issue on OneDrive's side, but not using it myself, I can't really help.

I was going to point to the previous discussion in https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=353376 but I see Gil has already posted in that one, without much luck.

Looking at that previous discussion, I don't think this issue is specific to MoodleCloud, so maybe it's time for a new issue on Moodle's bug tracker. I'm not a OneDrive user myself, but if one of you could precisely write, on the tracker, the steps taken and the errors encountered, it might help debug this issue and resolve it for everyone.

Mathieu