Buttons - Adaptable Theme

Re: Buttons - Adaptable Theme

by Jennifer Belisle -
Number of replies: 7

We are trying to get these buttons that appear after we are trying to upload a file into Moodle to change color.They are f5f5f5f5 color grey with the words in white. We need these to be the same color as the Overwrite button. They are cancel button and rename file button.

We are trying to find the source of these buttons and cannot. Are they part of the theme? Thanks for your help. 

Moodle Grey Button

In reply to Jennifer Belisle

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

No, the Disabled buttons are part of moodle and it looks a moodle bug.

Adaptable has the "disabled" buttons hardcoded to F5F5F5 so if these buttons are grayed (because the class used is wrong) that it means a bug.

Could you describe the steps to replicate the issue?

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Jez H -

even if it is a bug then adding a colour picker would be useful as opposed to it being hard coded, we have this in our live site, it looks really messy so I think we will add a picker for it.....

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

The problem, I suspect is mainly due to a conflict with the Static Page Plugin and Adaptable. It works fine in Boost and other themes, but not so in the Adaptable theme.

PS:

Because these buttons are in the File Picker the class selector names are different.

https://github.com/moodle/moodle/blob/master/theme/boost/templates/core/filemanager_processexistingfilemultiple.mustache

Hope this helps?

Cheers

Mary

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Jennifer,

I have just been looking at this and have got some CSS which you can add to your Adaptable theme's Custom CSS:

Appearance > Themes > Adaptable > Custom CSS settings page

.fp-dlg-butrename.btn,
.fp-dlg-butcancel.btn.btn-cancel {
    background-color: red !important;
    color: white !important;
}

Staticpage Buttons

Just change the colours I added and replace with your own preference. You can use color names or HEX color codes for example: #aabbcc;

Here is what it looks like with the above colours:

Hope this helps?

Cheers

Mary

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

There are two issues. One related to Adaptable and other to the plugin.

The cancel button use a class that is not included with Adaptable and that's the reason is not styled.

The other button use only the .btn class that by default is GREY in BS2, and therefore in moodle. So this is a plugin bug that needs to add a complementary class to apply a theme style.