Remove 'Last Modified' from footer

Re: Remove 'Last Modified' from footer

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 8
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
This feature will be made optional in Moodle 3.6 which comes out mid-November, so if you can wait until then....wink
In reply to Mary Cooch

by David Smith -

Mary--thanks for the tip. I waited for 3.6 and now have it installed, but I can't see where to remove this "Last Modified" language. Can you let me know where the setting is for this?  We're running the Adaptable theme.

Thanks

In reply to David Smith

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Well first of all David,  if you are using the Adaptable theme then you are not using a MoodleCloud site,  but not to worry.The "last modified" is visible in the Moodle Page resource and when you add or edit a Page, in the page settings there is a section "Appearance" and you have the option there to hide the last modified date. If you do not see that option then it must be a theme issue as Adapatable is not a standard theme.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by JJ Breen -

There appears to also be a site-wide setting to set the default to hidden when creating new resources:

Site Administration / Plugins

Under Activity Modules, click Page:

Display last modified (Default: Yes)
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to JJ Breen

by David Smith -

JJ Breen--appreciate the tip but when I look in there, this is all I see:  

In reply to David Smith

by Mary Cooch -

Yes - it must be a theme issue. Could you switch to the Boost theme and remove them and then switch back to Adaptable? You will have to do them one by one as the site setting won't change any previously appearing dates.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by David Smith -

Thanks Mary.  I don't see that option. Must be an Adaptable issue.  I need to remove it from a large number of pages, so doing it one by one would be a lot of work.   

This is what I see:

I'll ask my engineers to dive into the code and see if they can remove it. If I get any insights, I'll feed them back to the group.  Thanks again. 

In reply to David Smith

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

The setting is showing in Adaptable. Are you sure you’re on 3.6?

If you want a quick fix, go to the custom css page (yourmoodlesite.com/admin/settings.php?section=theme_adaptable_genericand add

.modified {display: none;}

which will work across all versions of Moodle. It will affect ALL pages.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Daniel G. Gonzalez -

Oh! God, this worked PERFECT for me.

(I publish some internal websites for my students where I must list one by one 'Modifications' made to other materials. Like: 'modification 1... modification 2.... modification... 3... etc)

Imagine how important it was for me to delete that last 'Last Modified' information which was so confusing)

THANKS! a lot