PowerPoint Presentation

PowerPoint Presentation

by Bill Goddard -
Number of replies: 3

Using Moodle 3.5

I have tried adding PowerPoint presentations to my page so that they open automatically once accessed but they don't seem to work.  I have uploaded as a normal saved PowerPoint and have also tried saving and uploading the presentation as a PowerPoint show but neither work.  ANy ideas or help would be appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bill Goddard

Re: PowerPoint Presentation

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Bill. Sorry but however you upload them, Powerpoint presentations won't just open automatically. Depending on whether you have fancy animations in them or not, you have several options:

• add your information to a Moodle Book (docs link there)
  • Upload it to an online slideshow display site such as Slideshare
  • If it is made in a recent version of PPT, you can convert it to a video and upload and embed the video so it plays directly in a Moodle Label or Page

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Bill Goddard

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I prefer to distribute my PowerPoints as PDF's, as shown below.  Then the students do not need to rely upon having PowerPoint on their computers or smartphones.  The one-per-page format looks really good on a smartphone.  The other formats are for those students who like to either take notes, or save trees.

PowerPoints, 3 per page
PowerPoints, 6 per page
PowerPoints, 1 per page

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Bill Goddard

by James Steerpike -

I use Apache OpenOffice ( a free alternative to MS Office) and a ppt can be converted to HTML as well as a PDF. I prefer the flexibility of presentation HTML provides.

Average of ratings: Useful (4)