remember learner's place in videos in Moodle 3.2/3.3

remember learner's place in videos in Moodle 3.2/3.3

by Melissa Stroup -
Number of replies: 3

Hi there!

Does Moodle 3.2/3.3 have a way to be set to remember where a learner was in a video (so that when they exit the activity and return, they have the option to return to same place they left?). I know it does with slides in authoring tools, but I've not had any success finding an authoring tool that has this kind of functionality for videos.

Do you happen to know of any authoring tools or software that are compatible with Moodle that have this functionality for video?

Thanks much!

Melissa

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Melissa Stroup

Re: remember learner's place in videos in Moodle 3.2/3.3

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I don't think so, but maybe someone else will have an idea.

I don't think that Moodle designed the video player, and what you seek would require some coordination between the video players playhead position and the user who is viewing it.

You could probably write your own Flash player to do this.  I am not sure if this can be done in HTML5.

(Since no one else has said anything about your question, I thought that I would add my 2 cents.)

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Bookmarking a course does not exist in Moodle.

SCORM content bookmarks at the SCO level.

by David Morrow -

The H5P plugin may help. It includes an Interactive Video editor that will let you insert pauses, questions, and other interactions in a video - and there is a site-wide setting to "save content state" that does return users to where they left off. 

https://moodle.org/plugins/mod_hvp

David