Diving into Boost / Moodle beyond CSS

Diving into Boost / Moodle beyond CSS

by Altos Agency -
Number of replies: 4

Moodle 3.4.2+ (Build: 20180418)

Boost: 2017111300

Hello Moodle Community Members.

I am new to Moodle and looking to dive deep into customizing the layout and functionality of the experience.

Course Nav:

I'm looking to change the order of the left local navigation or left nav in general.

left nav wrong order

(please note that "Classes" is a renamed from Sections)

I would like to know if it could be Courses  / Classes / Grades / Badges.   

There are many other hook / functions and customization I need to do so any advice on where to start would be greatly appreciated.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

On the Course Page:

I would like to add Images to the left of the Topics.  Is there a function / loop or template file I can edit to control this foreach?

course page, topic page

(please note I have hidden the summary text from the course page.  I couldn't find a solution to having an intro body of text / html above activities without having a course summary, nor could I find a way to hide the summary from the overview page without display:none in css.

Thank you for reading smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Altos Agency

Re: Diving into Boost / Moodle beyond CSS

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Altos,

With regards to the Flat Navigation in Boost you could try using the Local Plugin which is called Fumbling.

As for the other questions you asked help with, I am not able to do this at present as my computer will be out of bounds for a day or so.

Sorry about that.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Altos Agency -

I do have Fumbling.  It works great for adding custom links and add / removing items from the nav however it doesn't let me reorder them.  Thanks for sharing

In reply to Altos Agency

by Richard Jones -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Have you already seen this resource: https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Creating_a_theme_based_on_boost?  It's very good.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Richard Jones

by Altos Agency -

Thank you for the link! I'll give it a go.