Slow Load Time When Saving a new Activity or Editing an Existing one

Re: Slow Load Time When Saving a new Activity or Editing an Existing one

by Ahmed Aly -
Number of replies: 0
I'm a bit worried to try it out since, I'm not sure what the outcome will be once i clear the course cached data.

Issue is i really don't have an images from our current Moodle installation to work and test it on separate isolated server, and i'm avoiding doing some major changes on our production site.

some questions that comes to mind,
  • what if i cleared that cached data, how long dose it take to rebuild it cache again?
  • And will people notice a saver performance hit once the course module starts to rebuild it cached data from scratch ?
also if i visited the course, once i purged the coursemod info cached data, and if it slow, what the solution will be ? right now we are suspecting that the issue might be related to our DB being less optimized for large data structure which might have cased this performance hit on our populated courses, we are still checking out with our development team, since they have experience with MySQL administration and creation. and hopefully we will be able to see how the DB is looks like once we get our hand on the required username and password to access it.