Exception : Class 'core_analytics\manager' not found

Exception : Class 'core_analytics\manager' not found

by Yann D. -
Number of replies: 1

Hi everyonr,

A few weeks ago, I had the bad idea to upgrade Moodle from 3.3.2 to 3.5.1. But, using a shared server with A2hosting, I was unable to convert my database to Barracuda. So today, I happily gave up and restored my 3.3.2 Moodle with Softaculous.

The website works, I am able to backup my courses (thank God), but when I want to access the admin pages (most of them actually), I have a page with this message "Exception : Class 'core_analytics\manager' not found".

Any idea on how I could fix this ? :/

Thank you for your help.

Yann D.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yann D.

Re: Exception : Class 'core_analytics\manager' not found

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

In a stock (no addons) Moodle 3.3.x database there are no tables related to analytics.
In a stock (no addons) Moodle 3.5.x database there is.

So when you restored via Soft... did you restore backups from  your Moodle 3.3.x site ... those backups being the DB for Moodle 3.3.x and the Moodle 3.3.x code directory?

Since Soft... is a commercial product and provided to you, the customer, on the hosting providers servers, think you might have to contact hosting providers help desk and inquire about Soft... restores.

While the issue you are reporting is a non-standard Moodle issue, these community forums don't have a forum for Soft.... and don't think I'd let hosting provider off the hook if they are pointing to these community forums to suggest a fix for software they provide their customers that evidently didn't prevent you, the user from making a mistake.  

If there is someone in/on these forums that host where you do and who are familiar with Soft... etc., hopefully, they will jump in here and assist (but wouldn't count on it!).

My 2 cent opinion, of course.  Best of luck!

'spirit of sharing', Ken