Part of the title on the Dashboard will not capitalize

Part of the title on the Dashboard will not capitalize

by Dave Johnson -
Number of replies: 5
ver. 3.5.1
Theme: Fordson

For some unknown reason, the letter "a" in the word "assess" will not appear in uppercase in my welcome title. Assess MyClass reverts to lowercase, assess MyClass. I have tried deleting the entire content and then, rebuilding it from scratch, within the "Homepage Textbox Authenticated User" box (path = Site Administration/Fordson/Content areas/Homepage Textbox Authenticated User). Nothing works. Any advice on how to correct this?

Also, when I save, I've been receiving an error message: "invalid JSON string". Is there a way to correct this?

I am including an image of the dashboard. Thanks for your help.
Attachment dashboard.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave Johnson

Re: Part of the title on the Dashboard will not capitalize

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi,
It looks to be working OK on my website...here is small section of the screenshot.

MySite
Could it be that you are looking at the Visitors page which you may have used in error and forgotten to delete it?
In reply to Mary Evans

by Dave Johnson -

Mary,

Thanks for your reply. Under "word censorship," I had created a "custom bad words list." One of those words was "ass." Consequently, Assess MyClass became assess MyClass at the Manager level and **ess MyClass at the student level. What I don't understand is why it left Class alone? Anyway, thanks for your assistance.

Dave

In reply to Dave Johnson

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Have you tried clearing the caches?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Dave Johnson -

Emma,

Thanks for your reply. Under "word censorship," I had created a "custom bad words list." One of those words was "ass." Consequently, Assess MyClass became assess MyClass at the Manager level and **ess MyClass at the student level. What I don't understand is why it left Class alone? Anyway, thanks for your assistance.

Dave

In reply to Dave Johnson

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I would guess, (stressing guess!)  the program is smart enough to realize that censored words should not have letters preceding them but allows for letters following to allow for plurals etc.  However, that would still allow words like bad*** so maybe it is not so smart after all! wink