Make "All Sections" the default landing page

Make "All Sections" the default landing page

by Karim Mansour -
Number of replies: 4

Currently, when students log in to the app, they have to click on the orange arrow and choose "All Sections" to view all materials. How can I have "All Sections" as their default landing page?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karim Mansour

Re: Make "All Sections" the default landing page

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Karim,

unfortunately there is no way to set "All sections" as the default section. In topics format the default section is the one selected by the teacher (Highlight), in weeks format the default section is the current week.

We'll talk about this internally to see if it makes sense to add a setting somewhere for this.

Cheers,

Dani

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Dani Palou

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Dani Palou

by Karim Mansour -

Hi Dani,

Thanks for the reply.

We have over 500 active students and almost all of them agree that making "All Sections" a default option is desperately needed to improve on 3.5's UX.

At least let it be an option for us to choose.

Thanks a lot for all the hard work.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Dani Palou

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I'm not sure if "make sense" is the term to use here. I do understand why showing all topics by default is not the current behavior of the app. 

However, the current behavior of how the app's course navigation functions doesn't make sense (or is absolutely not intuitive) to users who have been using the Topics Format web-based course, because  all of a sudden the behavior is different on the app . Users go to a course expecting to see the entire course and they do not. So what do you do to see the entire course? Well, on the web, clicking on the topic title acts as a link to that topic, whereas in the app, clicking on the topic title acts as the navigation method between sections -- so this is not intuitive when going from the web to the app. 

In the end, there should at least be some type of explicit indication for users to "click on the Title" to change between sections while on the app. I think starting there would be a great start : )

The latest version of the app is quite amazing by the way!