No guest access on MoodleCloud (free version)?

Re: No guest access on MoodleCloud (free version)?

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Mathieu (and anyone who comes to this thread subsequently) This discussion is a follow up from the forum thread mentioned by Visvanath above where he asks how to have his guest access courses available immediately without the need to click on the log in as guest button. 

I suggested he use "autologinguests" and showed my MoodleCloud site as an example. This then prompted us to discuss here the strange fact that, if your site has forcelogin - yes, as all the MoodleCloud sites do, then you would expect not to be able to do this, but in fact, the autologinguests setting means you can have guest access on a site where you are not allowed to see the front page before logging in. 

I looked in the tracker and found several very old issues about this: for example  MDL-35359 and MDL-10850  which seem to suggest that this is the expected behaviour: Sites with forcelogin can indeed still have autologinguests. (I am about to edit the documentation to clarify this)

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Priyanka Rastogi -

Hi,

I am facing the same issue as listed earlier in some of the posts. Somehow, I am unable to untick the forcelogin checkbox.  Each time I untick it and save the changes, it reverts back to 'ON'.

It says Defined in config.php.  Can you please advice how to go about it.

In reply to Priyanka Rastogi

by Mathieu Petit-Clair -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Priyanka,

As discussed above, this option is not available on the free version of MoodleCloud, mostly as a way to prevent abuse. You can use autologinguests to achieve a somewhat similar result.

Mathieu

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mathieu Petit-Clair

by Hristian Daskalov -

I can confirm the function works well under a paid plan.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)