Weights in marking guide

Weights in marking guide

by sonal gupta -
Number of replies: 2
Hello

I am defining a marking guide in which my each criterion has some weight. I want to grade all criterion out of 10 but finally some criterion will weigh double than the other to make the total grade in that particular assignment.

How to do this? I do not find a way to add weights to criterion.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to sonal gupta

Re: Weights in marking guide

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I don't think you can other than just making them out of different amounts.

In reply to sonal gupta

Re: Weights in marking guide

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

You cannot do you want with all criteria set to 10. If you want a criteria to be weighted double that of the others, then give it twice as much Maximum score. For example, let's say I have three criteria and I want #3 to be weighted double that of #1 and #2. I can set the Maximum score for #1 and #2 to be 10. Then I set the Maximum score for #3 to be 20. For the assignment I set the Grade to Type > Point and the Maximum grade to 100. When you grade a student the three criteria scores will be scaled as a percentage of the 100 point maximum for the activity. Use the same priciple for any number of criteria and keep the assignment grade set to 100.

So, it is like Emma says, make them out to different amounts.