Add tag interaction - question bank

Add tag interaction - question bank

by Hugo Ribeiro -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi there,

So far I've never used tags until Moodle 3.5 brought them into the question bank which is a great feature. However I find the interaction rather poor. 

While on the screen

If the user click save changes no new tag will be added. Instead, one should hit enter, and the save changes. This might me confusing and at worst might prevent users from using - at least they'll need guidance.

Since this is a new feature - at least at the question level - I wonder if couldn't be a better approach. Assuming of course this is might lead to bad UX.

Thanks in advance,

Hugo

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Hugo Ribeiro

Re: Add tag interaction - question bank

by Shamim Rezaie -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thank you, Hugo, for sharing this with us.

I agree that what you described is not the best user experience. We have made some improvements to the question bank tagging in 3.5 such as the ability to add question tags at a course level or to filter questions by tags.

We have used the same form element that is used in all places in Moodle to tag things. This in itself was a good decision as that makes the tagging fields consistent in the entire system.

However, there are some UX issues (like what you discussed) with the tagging element (more correct to say with the auto-complete element) in Moodle form library.

I encourage you to file this in our tracker at https://tracker.moodle.org/. The good thing is once we improve the auto-complete element, everywhere in Moodle that uses that element will also be improved.