(Essential) Course settings dropdown menu missing for trainers

Re: (Essential) Course settings dropdown menu missing for trainers

by Brett Elphick -
Number of replies: 1

We are running latest version 3.5.0.1 Same problem in other themes, but when logged in as individual training coordinators, gradebook setup can be viewed from the dropdown. When running as admin and switch role to trainer or training coordinator, gradebook setup does not appear in dropdown menu. Permissions, role and capability overview show that they have access to this report. I didn't set it up, so don't know the exact steps taken.

In reply to Brett Elphick

Re: (Essential) Course settings dropdown menu missing for trainers

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

If the issue happens in other themes, then not a theme issue.  When in Essential I'm an 'admin' or switch role to a 'Teacher' then the gradebook setup does appear in the menu.  Thus must be down to the local role of trainer / training coordinator.  Without the knowledge of how they were set-up it is impossible to replicate and thus be in a position to debug and find a solution.  But as it is not an Essential or theme issue or something pertaining to one of my plugins, then I'm reluctant to spend time on it.