Enrollment Methods: Add method dropdown not working in Boost or Moove

Enrollment Methods: Add method dropdown not working in Boost or Moove

by Josiah Hall -
Number of replies: 4
We updated to v3.4 a month ago and Boost theme and Moove theme (so far) will not allow us to add self enroll method (or any other non-default) to a course. I believe there is some issue with the dropdown but have been unsuccessful to determine what that may be. Choosing from the dropdown does not call on the enrol/editinstance.php?type=self like it does on my dev server.

Step 1- Navigate to a course and verify theme is set to Boost or Moove.

Step 2- Navigate to Participants> Edit> Enrollment Methods.

Step 3- select any enrollment method from the Add method dropdown.

Nothing happens at this point. When I switch to the Clean theme it functions as it should bringing up the enrollment method settings etc. But in Boost and Moove it does not work. It does work on my development server and all settings and plugins that I could find so far appear the same. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Josiah Hall

Re: Enrollment Methods: Add method dropdown not working in Boost or Moove

by Josiah Hall -

Anyone have any ideas? It is also affecting the edit language packs function. So I cannot select the language to edit from the dropdown. Basically certain dropdowns throughout the sight do not "select" when I choose an option from the list. I have not been able to identify why these dropdowns are not "active". Any help is much appreciated. I can provide whatever info you may need to help figure this out.

In reply to Josiah Hall

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Possible causes/checks:

Server issue or firewall (check with host or server admin)

Corrupt file (reinstall moodle from fresh downloaded copy)

Browser (plugin? some kind of blocking software)

Javascript conflict? (check browser developer tools)

Incompatible Moodle plugin - disable all and reenable one at a time checking each time...or disable one at a time and see if problem goes away

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Mark Kinoshita -

I am having the same issue so I think it is a bug in the current code.

Students cannot self enroll in Boost theme (on computer)... They seem to be able to do this on a mobile device.

It was working in last year when I was running 3.4.x, I am now on Moodle 3.5.1+ (Build: 20180817).

Anyone else? Any other ideas?

In reply to Mark Kinoshita

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Cannot replicate - do not think it is a bug...suggest you follow the same ideas I posted above...