QuickMail Block Omitting One Student

QuickMail Block Omitting One Student

by Leslie Harris -
Number of replies: 0

Hi, Folks.

We are using Moodle 3.4.3 (Build: 20180517).

We have a problem with one student's account and the ability to send him message via QuickMail and also via Moodle's internal messaging system.  Otherwise, the account appears fine, in terms of the rest of Moodle's functionality (viewing course content, taking quizzes, etc.).

When I use the QuickMail block for *any* of this student's courses, his name does *not* appear in the list of potential recipients.  He is enrolled in the courses, and I can add him to groups.  I just can't see him as a possible participant in order to send him an email message via QuickMail.

When I use Moodle's internal messaging system (from the Participants list), I can select him and send him an internal message, and he can see that message within Moodle's messaging system.  However, that message does *not* get sent to his email address.  

When I look at the Message preferences for his account, the Email option is disabled.  

There is clearly some problem with his account, but I'm not sure how to fix it.  On our test server (which we cloned from the production server), when I deleted his account, I got some database table error message (that unfortunately I forgot to write down).  Right after getting that error, I deleted his account again, and Moodle did indeed remove him from the server.

When I added the account back in, the problem disappeared.

I don't want to delete his account from our production server, however, because that deletes all of his past course activity.

Any ideas about how I can solve this problem without the more drastic solution of deleting and recreating his account?

Leslie Harris
Bucknell University

Average of ratings: -