New quiz attempt - infinitely loading startattempt

New quiz attempt - infinitely loading startattempt

by Misko Junak -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

I have a situation I can not see how to resolve it. 

When a student wants to start a new quiz attempt and clicks the button Start attempt, he is redirected to ../moodle/mod/quiz/startattempt.php (from mod/quiz/view.php?id=x). On this page the white screen awaits him with only an instruction to click the Continue button to be redirected on actual quiz page. When he clicks Continue link button he gets to his quiz link with questions (mod/quiz/view.php?id=x), if not he stays on the white page (moodle/mod/quiz/startattempt.php) infinitely.

It occurred after my update to actual 3.3.2 version, before there was no such redirection issue.

Did anyone has the same issue and how to solve it?

Error messages on the screen:

Fields list in snapshot record does not match fields list in 'quiz_attempts'. Record is missing fields: date_started

• line 906 of /lib/classes/event/base.php: call to debugging()
  • line 373 of /mod/quiz/locallib.php: call to core\event\base->add_record_snapshot()
  • line 2313 of /mod/quiz/locallib.php: call to quiz_attempt_save_started()
  • line 111 of /mod/quiz/startattempt.php: call to quiz_prepare_and_start_new_attempt()
Thank you very much for your feedback.

Regards,

Misko

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Misko Junak

Re: New quiz attempt - infinitely loading startattempt

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

From the error message, it I looks like you have installed some add-on, which has added a non-standard column date_started to the quiz_attempts table. (These are the columns that 'should' exist https://github.com/moodle/moodle/blob/v3.3.2/mod/quiz/db/install.xml#L128)

That is what is triggering the error in Moodle core.