Moodle email notifications

Moodle email notifications

by Attila Süttő -
Number of replies: 2

Dear All,

I have a Moodle 3.4.2+ (Build: 20180421) version in Windows 2012 R2 platform + IIS 8.5 PHP7 and MYSQL (MariaDB)

I successfully configured the outgoing email settings the locally exchange and google SMTP service too.

BTW I give this test message :

"This is a test message. Please disregard.

If you received this email, it means that you have successfully configured your Moodle site's email settings."

My own problem I not getting any other notification message for example, too many failed login, or successfully login or logout.. 

If the student finished the exam the administrator must get the notify in email. How can I configure this?

Please help.. I cant find the relevant information.

Thanks,

Attila 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Attila Süttő

Re: Moodle email notifications

by Babaso Aldar -

Hello,

I have installed moodle on IIS 8, Mariadb,and PHP 7. It wokrs well on Internal IP. But when I give external IP. It gets "redirected you many times" this error occures. All port forwarding and firewall setting is OK. Previously it was running on apche that time it works well on both IP.

Now when I have migrated on IIS, It shows this error. 

Your help is appreciated.

In reply to Babaso Aldar

Re: Moodle: redirected you many times

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Babaso,

It wokrs well on Internal IP. But when I give external IP

Moodle could play with only one "base path" (one IP address in the URL typed into the browser) so you need to use e.g. a Domain Name resolved by internal and external users according to the IP address under which they would be able to access your Moodle instance.
At the time your Moodle instance was running under Apache I do believe it didn't work well unless someone did some "magic" changes to the config.php file: all "recent" Moodle versions require a "single point of access".

HTH,
Matteo

P.S.: next time, it would be better to open a new thread since your issue is not related to this thread