2) Auto-commit - unlikely to help much in this case - many SCORM packages aren't set to report any data back to the LMS until the final slide (which I suspect is the case in your package.)
3) Did you find that auto-commit setting under "admin > plugins > activites > SCORM - and did it have a title of "default settings"? - if so then it would be changing the default value for any new SCORM packages you add to your course.
4) Task/Cron for SCORM does 2 things:
- You can add a SCORM package in quite a few different ways see these posts if interested: (1, 2) If you have set a SCORM package to update every day, the task will update those SCORM packages as configured.
- Clean up old AICC HACP sessions - SCORM supports AICC HACP which has implements it's own session handling - if AICC HACP is enabled the task will clean up the old aicc sessions.a