Moodle for mobile

Airnotifier Installation

Picture of Payman Zafar
Airnotifier Installation

Hi,

I am trying to install airnotifier to work with my custom mobile app.

On the Github page there are 1.x, moodle, and python3 branches. Which branch content is suitable to install?

Thank you very much.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Dani Palou
Re: Airnotifier Installation
Core developersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

Hi Payman,

Unfortunately our core team do not have the resources here to help people use the open source code version to build custom apps. We provide a service where we can customise the app for anyone who needs it including the Push notifications (Airnotifier) service management. This service helps fund the improvement of the app in general: https://moodle.com/branded-app/

I’d recommend you to check the documentation links that are available in the Forum main page or hopefully somebody else in this forum will be able to help you.

Cheers,

Dani

Picture of Payman Zafar

Hi,

I installed the Airnotifier from the moodle2 branch of the following repository:

https://github.com/moodlehq/airnotifier/tree/moodle2

I compiled and made the Android version of moodle app version 3.5.1. I defined the app on Google developer site, and set the API key, and project number inside Airnotifier.

I created an access key in Airnotifier, and input the required information (Mobile app name, Airnotifier app name, Airnotifier URL, Airnotifier port, Airnotifier access key) in Moodle admin panel (plugins->Message outputs->Mobile).

All thing seems to be OK, but in Airnotifier there is no device token registered.

Please help.

Picture of behnaz ranjbar

Configuring local airnotifier is a big question in my mind yet.there isn't any community or documentation for this service and also no answer from here.

but as we tried month ago we could succeed in creating a token with writing a php file if i remember correctly but after creating the token we couldn't find a way to give that token to a mobile device for example...

in our side the "message sent" message was appeared but the other side is a question for us

then we quit it

please tell us too if you could find the answer

Picture of Payman Zafar

Hi,

Thank you very much for your information.

As I found, after you start the mobile app for the first time, it receives the Airnotifier server information from Moodle site, and then registers its token with it.

By calling airnotifier API it is easy to register a token manually, but this process must by automatic.

Moodle app uses Adobe Phonegap push plugin to receive notifications. I think the problem might be due to restrictions to access Adobe sites due to sanctions. If this is true, you will be able to receive notifications with VPN.

I checked it on my mobile phone, but there was no token registration yet.

hi,

yes exactly as you point making this process automaticly is the point. hope to find a solution

Picture of Payman Zafar

Hi

I found the solution. There is no need for VPN, and the Phonegap-plugin-push is working.

The whole process is as follows:

1) After login on the mobile app, it registers its token as "pushid" on the moodle database in table mdl_user_devices.

2) When moodle site wants to send a notification to a user, it first registers all the user tokens (associated to his/her mobile phones) on the airnotifier, and then sends the notification.

thanks alot
can you give us a more detailed description from your first step til last? i mean after installing airnotifier