Moodle assumes student credentials while accessing with Administrator login

Moodle assumes student credentials while accessing with Administrator login

by Formacao Online -
Number of replies: 1

Greetings,

We use Moodle 2.8.8 (Build: 20150914) and need your help.

Recently, two anomalies have been happening while using Moodle and we haven't been able to solve them or even understand their origin:
1- When creating courses and adding text or contents, the changes made and saved don't appear immediately, only becoming visible after 5 or 10 minutes;
2- Occasionaly, when accessing a course with Administrator login, Moodle will assume the identity and login of a student, changing our visualization of the course af if we were that student. His/her name will appear on the upper right corner and we assume their limited permissions.

The only change that was recently made that may have had some impact on Moodle was the installation of a SSL certificate on the server where our website and Moodle is lodged. Nevertheless, we're not using HTTPS in Moodle's URL, beacuse when we try to do so Moodle does not assume the installed theme and appears without any formatting.

Thanks in advance.

Carlos

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Formacao Online

Re: Moodle assumes student credentials while accessing with Administrator login

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

When Moodle appears without any formatting, it's not connecting properly to the server, not establishing adequate contact with the database, the scripts and so on. This usually means that the change made to the HTTPS is not properly reflected in the config.php file. I understand this need to be done manually, changing the $wwwroot value and probably the $dbhost and $dataroot values as well. 

As for the other, I don't know, but I would likely start by looking at how much cache is being used, is it being cleaned at all? Are you sharing computers? Do users save their logins on a shared computer to save themselves the bother of entering details every time they are logging in? Is there a repetitive set of circumstances where this login error is recurring? Is it really random? Start by eliminating possible errors and what's left has to be the cause.