Site announcements

Site announcements

by Jordan Young -
Number of replies: 7
I may be being stupid but we have a Moodle install with Klass as the theme but can't see how to add site announcements to the front page.

Advice on how to do this will be much appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jordan Young

Re: Site announcements

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I am just going to move your post to the Themes forum as someone who uses the Klass theme should be able to help you there.

In reply to Jordan Young

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Well that depends if the Klass theme has that particular setting or not?

Have you checked out the Klass settings page?

If not then navigate to Site-Administration > Appearance > Themes > Klass settings page is listed at this point

Hope this helps?

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Jordan Young -
Can't fine the option within the theme settings but it does show as part of the theme.

I can set the amount of announcements shown I just can't see where to create them?

In reply to Jordan Young

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

OK...let me try testing it out as it is some months since I used the KLASS theme.

In reply to Jordan Young

by Mary Evans -

Just a thought. Are you confusing the carousel with Site Announcements?

In reply to Mary Evans

by Jordan Young -
Thanks, defiantly site announcements. I have attached a screenshot.
In reply to Jordan Young

by Mary Evans -

Well looks like the Site News Forum set up in the Frontpage settings of your Moodle site.

In which case this is a Moodle option and nothing to do with KLASS theme.

Try Logging in as the Administrator of the site and then try clicking on the Site Announcements,  it should land you into the area you need to get to in order to type the announcements.

Hope this helps?

Mary