Assignment

View/grade all submissions issues

You either love it or you hate it
View/grade all submissions issues
Particularly helpful Moodlers

We have moved our Moodle to an archive by just a bit of DNS and search and replace URL's and everything seems to work

However, we are getting reports that teachers cannot view/grade all submissions when they click on the link in the assignment administration block (moodle 1.9), and they could 3 days ago (well according to teachers smile, )

When this link is clicked we get the following message

Submissions closed

And that is it, I am an administrator and the same happens to me

Any ideas

Average of ratings: -
Mary Cooch
Re: View/grade all submissions issues
Documentation writersMoodle Course Creator Certificate holdersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersTestersTranslators

I'm just going to move this to the Assignment forum...

Does the Assignment FAQ help - the one which says I see submissions closed even though the dates are in the future?

Not quite

It seems that the courses think that everyone who accesses it is a student and it states that the submissions are closed. As an administrator, i enrolled myself as a course administrator on to a course and now when I go to the assignment submission page, it asks for my assignment upload.

OK I am now a student but do i view all assignments that have been submitted to a course??

Something is screwed with the roles/permissions here and its beating me at the moment

Cheers

Picture of Ken Task

If not what Mary is suggesting you look at ...

Don't have an old 1.9 to look at, but you did do a sed search and replace on an sql dump ... correct?  Am sure you were very careful when doing that, too!

Could be the search and replace affected links for view/grade of Assignments.   What does that link look like prior to clicking? ... same as after clicking?

'spirit of sharing', Ken

Mary Cooch
Documentation writersMoodle Course Creator Certificate holdersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersTestersTranslators
If you look at the users in the course, what course role do they have? Do they have any system roles?

Well they are students, as well as course managers. course administrators and editing students

Same issue here but I am not sure what OP was on about TBH

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=368782

Cheers

Mary Cooch
I believe the poster in the forum which you linked to was experiencing the same problem as that explained in the Assignment FAQ Seems like he asked for his thread to be deleted as he had discovered the Assignment forum (where we are now), so I will probably delete that thread a  little later on.

ahhhhhhhh

I see, sorry

Albert

Actually Ken, as we had a DB of 4GB with no opportunity to empty the standard log table as people use the logs for various reports we were forced to run the web GUI version of the search and replace script. It kept stopping at the standard log table. using Chrome we determined that we thought this was the last of 418 tables but cannot be sure of this!

Very odd

Oh and one further piece of information, and my mistake, we are actually running moodle 2.7, i wondered why I kept seeing bootstrap elements in the theme

So this brings me to another question? Is there a cli search and replace in 2.7 and how do I run it, to make sure this was right in the first place

Albert

Picture of Ken Task

Think in that version it was a hidden experimental tool ... had to access it via url ... no link in Moodle Admin menus.

http://yoursite/admin/tool/replace/

It does warn ... might be a good idea to backup DB before running ... think it suggest that. smile

Have used it and don't re-call having any issues with it.

'spirit of sharing', Ken